Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Connect 4 Lunch

The day started with lunch at Famous Dave's for the Chamber of Commerce (Connect4Lunch).  It was great to know that I wasn't the only newbie but I sure was the youngest person at the table.  The lunch started with talking about the VT game, after they were done they looked at me and said do you watch football?  DO I WATCH FOOTBALL?  They didn't know who they were talking too.  I love football, probably the only thing on tv that I don't multi-task through (OK minimal multi-tasking!)!   The thing is I am not a fan of VT but when you go to school 2 exits away and live through the comparisons who would want to be a fan.  I love RU and will love RU for the rest of my life.  I wasn't a number and my classes were small enough that my professor knew if I was there or not.  I had great times and made some the greatest friends I will ever had.  OK OFF THE SOAP BOX back to the lunch.  I met some interesting gentlemen and learned about the Richmond area and some of the things it has to offer.

John McDaniel, CIC    http://www.bbvirginia.com/
Brown & Brown Insurance
Executive Vice President

Rob Brodsky  http://www.vcu-mcvalumni.org/
Director of Membership and Marketing
University Alumni Relations

David H. Creasy, CPA  http://www.yhbcpa.com/
Yount, Hyde & Barbour, P.C.
Master of Taxation

We did talk more about  football.  We were told we don't know how to tail-gate in Virginia.  Rob shared with us how they do it in Texas.  I might have to go South and experience real tail-gating.  It was a nice lunch and I look forward to meething more people from the Chamber through these lunches.  Thank you gentleman for a great lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment